Oyen Consultation Meeting |
Oyen Consultation Meeting
At the November 26, 2019 Board Meeting, the Board of Trustees passed a Notice of Motion to continue the consultation with the Oyen community regarding current grade configurations at both Oyen Public and South Central High schools. As part of the ongoing consultation process a meeting will be held on December 16, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the South Central High School gymnasium. All parents, staff and community members are invited to attend.
The meeting will focus on the following items:
- The results of the recent survey conducted with the Oyen community.
- Addressing concerns arising from the survey.
- Implications regarding any additional re-allocation of students.
- Future programming opportunities and how these can be enhanced by further modifying grade configurations at both schools.
- Long-term picture for Oyen including any future capital needs.
The purpose of the consultation is to continue to explore possible options that will benefit both staff and students now and into the future. As part of this process, we will do our best to address questions or concerns the community has related to student age, staffing, programming and financial impacts that would come from any future grade configuration changes.